I could really gush about my love for magazines. Let me lay out a few of my reasons:
- They’re pretty much everyone’s first foray into alternative media venues.
- While web design is still emerging, current magazine design is at a high.
- The quality photography you get from professionals is still better than croudsourcing. Same could be said for the writing…
- They don’t depend on the whims of AT&T and my clandestine friend 3G.
- As a designer theres an advantage in knowing the dimensions of your final product. Thats not back handed, I think its a reason magazine designs can seem so flawless.
- The budgets and scopes; this theory also applies to newspapers. Magazines consistently have more in depth reporting than websites.
**Diclaimer: Of course I say all of this assuming we’re talking about magazines like Wired, IDN, etc
Spotted on: FontFeed.com